- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Lustrum Feast 2021 Canceled (EN)
25 juni 2021 - 27 juni 2021
Lately, the board and the organising committee of Unquendor have discussed the impact of the Covid-19 crisis for the Unquendor Lustrum Feast, scheduled for 25-27 June 2021.
Unfortunately, we have come to the conclusion that we have no other option than to cancel the Lustrum Feast. We do this with pain in our hearts, not only because we were all looking forward to it so much, but also because so much work has already been put into the organisation.
A number of reasons play a role in this decision. We list the most important ones:
- A ‘carefree’ party is impossible if, among other things, a distance of 1,5 m must be observed and maintained . Although there are currently positive stories about vaccines, it is still uncertain whether we can have a carefree Feast then.
- Even if the situation would improve, it is expected that many participants will be reluctant to take part, given the risk of infection.
- We cannot rule out the possibility that one or more participants could become infected at the Feast. That is a responsibility that we as board and organising committee are not willing to bear.
- Even if the situation would improve in the Netherlands, that does not mean that will also be the case in other countries. Possible restrictions on traveling from other countries to the Netherlands, might also play a role. Because of these uncertainties, there is a great risk that fewer international participants will take part than we would wish and hope for. For Unquendor, this would mean that the Feast does not have the international character that we strive for every five years.
All this is not changed by the positive news surrounding the development of vaccins. It is still uncertain whether and when these can be used to a sufficient extent. Let alone the question of what protection they offer and for how long.
Have all the preparations been a waste of effort? No, our ideas can form the basis for a subsequent Lustrum Feast in the future. And we are also thinking of a digital Lustrum Day in June next year. We do not yet know exactly what that day will look like. We will keep you posted. If you would like to contribute to this event, please let us know via email@example.com.
For now, all the best and stay healthy!
On behalf of the board of Unquendor,
Jan van Breda