- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Lustrum Day 2021
19 juni @ 12:00 - 17:00
On Saturday 19 June 2021 we will organise a festive online Lustrum Day. With this event we will celebrate Unquendor’s 40th anniversary. You can register for this event with the online registration form. The registration rate is € 10. This includes access to the full programme and and you will also receive the digital programme book with all the information about the lectures and workshops.
The theme for the Lustrum Day is Númenor, the island the people received from the Valar to thank them for their help during the War of Wrath at the end of the First Age.
From 12:00-17:00 hrs. CET you can enjoy a programme on the theme of Númenor with fascinating lectures and fun and challenging workshops. It looks like this:
- Paul Corfield Godfrey will take you on a musical trip through the Ages, accompanied by musical examples of his compositions.
- Renée Vink will discuss in her lecture the uncharted consequences of Númenor’s downfall.
- Denis Bridoux will follow in his lecture the development of Númenor from literary conception to geographical representation.
- José María Miranda will elaborate on specific aspects of the laws and justice of Númenor.
- Hedwig Slembrouck will answer the question “What do you know about Númenor if you have only read The Lord of the Rings?” based on quotes from The Lord of the Rings.
- In a live cooking workshop you can bake a delicious Númenorean fish pie together with Dirk Flikweert.
- Peter Crijns, Harm Schelhaas and Dirk Trappers will teach you more about the languages of Númenor in their workshop.
- With Nathalie Kuijpers you can take up the challenge to make a ‘drabble’, a story of exactly 100 words. A stimulus for creativity, with great results and enthusiastic participants, as previous drabble-workshops show.
- In Jan Groen’s workshop the song of the dwarves, about Bilbo’s crockery and table linen, is central. The intention is to have this poem from chapter 1 of The Hobbit read by the participants in as many languages as possible.
- Jonne Steen Redeker and Caroline and Irene van Houten will present a surprising quiz that all participants will enjoy.
- We will end the event with a festive toast. And although we will have to take care of our own drink, it is nevertheless a good time to say to each other: CHEERS!
The lectures and some of the workshops will be in English, other workshops will be in Dutch.
See Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more information. For detailed information about the Lustrum Day and the programme you can download the programme book.
We will make use of the online communication program ZOOM for the Lustrum Day. Together with the practical information you will receive a short manual. If you would like to read more about ZOOM, please visit www.zoom.us.
Looking forward to meeting you on 19 June.
The Lustrum committee